Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Baseball season and jetlag


So here's the thing. The baseball season has started while I was in Denmark, which is a big thing in the US and a huge thing in Boston (RedSox, you know). It's pretty hard to miss. I got back from Denmark on sunday after a very short trip and suddenly not only a few people wore thier RedSox caps. A lot of people wore them. Note to self: I need to find a RedSox cap. I guess very few Europeans care much for baseball or even know what it is. But me, I love baseball. First of all it's fun to play and second of all there are so many aspects to it. So many games in the game.
I got back to my apartment at 3 pm on sunday. RedSox was visiting the Texas Rangers, which is a very good team that I don't like. The Sox however has a really strong lineup this year. I turned on the TV to watch the game. Unfortunately, it looked like when you are watching 3D TV without the glasses. Too bad. I went online to look for the problem... Another story.
With a bit of jetlag and the game still on (despite the odd picture), I looked through my e-mails. I was having a meeting with my professor on monday 8.30. The early time was my suggestion. As it turned out, not my best one. We were going to discuss some papers about a new subject that I will be looking into. Unfortunately for me and my jetlag, my professor had just mailed me six additional papers that we were also going to discuss in addition to what I had found already. I got outside for a walk to load up on light (sun was shining nicely) and got back in to load up on coffee. No TV on (the sox were loosing anyway...). I got stated reading the papers. Most papers I receive from him comes with a little note saying: this paper looks at this and that and I think its interesting that so and so. Lets discuss when we meet". That, I like.
I got to the lab Monday morning at 7.30 (the jetlag). We had our meeting and our good discussions. I worked 'till 5.30. Went home and then to the gym for an hour. Back home for dinner. Watched the NCAA national college basketball final at 9 (half asleep in the second period but I figured it was a good way to turn my rhythm back from Danish time.). Loving sport and research – It’s nice to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment