Monday, April 18, 2011

Boston Marathon

Today is Patriot’s Day. I have no idea what it is but it's the day of the 115th Boston Marathon. It is the oldest consecutive running city marathon. There's will be 25,000 runners, 500,000 spectators and the event will gain a revenue of about 125 million $ for the City of Boston. Amazing!
There are two reasons why I'm not participating: 1) It sold out in 2 hours. 2) The tough one: Requires a qualifying time of less than 3 hours (then you can of course get invited or volunteer etc.). I decided to run to Heart Break Hill. I tough and historical hill close to the 30 km sign and right next to Boston College in Newton. From there I was going to head along the course towards the finish line. After catching the spirit of it all and cheering for the runners I would home to Cambridge again. Me day is told and documented in the video. It was indeed an awesome day! Enjoy :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment